Saturday 17 April 2010

Review: Sleek Sunset Palette

Sleek Sunset.

So, I decided to do a review on the Sleek Sunset palette. I have had this for some time now, so have used it enough to be able to share my thoughts and opinions with you.
So the palette looks like this:










The palette costs £4.99 from Superdrug (or from the Sleek website: http://www.sleekmakeup.com/EN/index.aspx ) which is an absolute bargain considering you get a great big mirror that you can actually see your whole face in. You also get 12 colours in each palette. Every one of the colours is lovely and soft making them easy to blend and they are really highly pigmented too. Each of the colours has some sort or shimmer or sparkle to it EXCEPT the black. This is a just a lovely rich matte black as you can see from the swatches below. (Colours have been swatched in palette order). You wouldn't want to drop this though as it would probably be more than the mirror that would shatter.











I did try to photograph the swatches in different light so you could get a better idea of how they show up on the skin. I am also aware that my skin is pale so the colours are going to look different on different skin tones. As the colours are so pigmented they would easily show up on even the darkest skin tones.

On the website they have pictures of different women with varying skin tones with different products on their skin, so this could help give you an idea how colours would show up on darker skin tones.

Each of the colours have a honeycombe type pattern on, which I find makes it so easy to pick the colour up on your brush. The colours can seem a little crumbly in texture, but they wash onto the eyelids with ease, and they last all day long when applied to a good base or primer. I find the matte black works brilliantly as a black eyeliner. It would also make a really easy smokey eye. I have used the black mainly as an eyeliner and it works great just to make your lashes look thicker, but it would also blend easily for a more subtle look.

I can't wait to get some more Sleek palettes. I hope they still have the limited Bohemian palette so I get a chance to try that out too.

No comments:

Post a Comment