Thursday 15 April 2010

My Little Box Of Tricks

Review: Box Of Tricks











So, I ordered this palette from http://www.fragrancedirect.co.uk/on the weekend just gone and it was delivered on Tuesday (13th April) so I was really pleased with the speed of their service. I ordered two of them, so one for me and one for a spare or as a gift. Unfortunately when I opened the box one of them had been damaged. Good news though, I contacted them yesterday and before the end of the day they had already arranged to send me a brand new replacement.

So, onto the product itself. Once I opened the palette I was pleased with the selection of colours you get in the eyeshadows. The entire palette contains 15 x 1.5 g eyeshadows, 4 x 1 g lipglosses and 3 x 4 g blushers.

As you can see you get a row with really pretty purples, another row of lovely greens and a final row of lovely neutrals and browns. As soon as I looked at the colours, the bottom right hand colour reminded me of MAC's Blanc Type. I compared the shadow from the palette with my Blanc Type shadow so you can see how similar they look.



The colour on the left is the MAC shadow, just in case you wondered. So anyway, I swatched all the eyeshadow colours so you could get an idea of how they look on the skin.









Surprisingly the eyeshadows are actually well pigmented and easy to blend. The swatches are in the order of the palette. I used the eyeshadows yesterday and I managed to achieve such a quick and easy look. I used a primer underneath them and they stayed on all day without creasing. The palette is so convenient, and it could easily be kept in a handbag. I would suggest not throwing your bag around too heavily, just in case any of the shadows were to smash. I'm not sure how mine got smashed, so I'm not totally sure how much impact they can take.

The palette has a second section which pulls out from underneath, and this is a really great addition to the palette. It contains four lipglosses and 3 great size blushers. You can see from the photo below how they look in the palette.


The blushers in the palette are really pretty and they are also well pigmented and easy to blend together if you like to layer your blushers or "double blush". The colour on the left is a peachy coral colour, the middle colour is a lovely plum, but very wearable without looking over the top. Then the colour on the right is a lovely pink colour, this colour looks so pretty. Once on the cheeks it looks like you have come in from a fresh walk on the beach, it gives a lovely flushed colour. I swatched the blushers and lipglosses onto a piece of paper because the camera didn't pick it up properly on my arm. The flash just washed everything out.

The lipglosses are ok, they are nothing great. They do not have very much pigmentation and they don't really last on the lips for very long. I tried applying them using a lip brush and also by using my finger, but I still got the same washed out colours. The bright pink on the left gives the best pigmentation, but the peach colour next to it doesn't give any colour on my lips at all. The medium pink gives some colour, but again not very much. As for the lightest pink that did give some colour but very little as you can see from the above swatch. The 1st and 3rd colours are the most pigmented.

Overall I really like this palette a lot. It has a great size mirror in the lid that is more than big enough to see everything you are doing. There is also a good selection of well pigmented eyeshadows that blend easily and stay on all day. The blushers are also very nice on the skin. I imagine they would flatter any skin tone, although I'm not sure how well they would show up on darker skin tones. The size of the palette makes it so handy and transportable, even though I don't use the lipglosses the palette it still worth the £3.95 that I paid for it.

I would definitely recommend the palette to anybody who is looking for something that is convenient and versatile but without a big price tag. It is worth the price for the eyeshadows and blushers alone.

Check out http://www.fragrancedirect.co.uk/ and type W7 into the search box. They also have a great selection of other makeup products from the same range. They have really great prices too.

Let me know your thoughts on it if you buy one. Happy shopping guys.





No comments:

Post a Comment