Sunday 11 April 2010

Review: Debenhams Beauty Eye Box

Debenhams Beauty Box - This eye collection from Beauty Box contains:


  • Mascara 1.3ml
  • Eye liner 1g
  • Glitter eye liner 8ml
  • Eye shadow 9 x 1.5g
  • 2 x double ended applicators
I saw this item on the Debenhams website and I liked the look of it. So the next time I popped into Debenhams I decided to buy it due to the bargain price of £5.

I wasn't expecting much seeing as it was cheap, but I thought I would hold off judgement until I had a chance to try it. So once the box is opened it looks like this


Here are some swatches to give you an idea of how the colours look on the skin. I used the ELF Studio Eye Primer and Line Sealer as a base for the eye shadows. There are 9 colours on my arm but you can't really see the white glittery one. The light blue next to it is also very faint, the flash just washed them out. Then as you can see between the orange and the bronze colours there is another colour not showing up. That is another fine glittery eyeshadow in a cream colour.




The eye shadows are really pretty and wearable colours, they could just do with being more pigmented. The colour wouldn't show up much at all if I hadn't used the primer underneath. The eyeliner is nice, it isn't as "dry" as other pencils I have used in the past, so it doesn't tug or pull the skin. It's nice and soft and is easy to smudge, (but not so soft that it rubs straight off) plus I was able to use it on my waterline with no problems. It also has a great rich black colour to it. I have used others in the past that are called black, but are really more of a charcoal instead. The silver glitter eyeliner is so easy to use and adds that extra sparkle to any look.

This is what the mascara spool looks like.


I really like the spool on the mascara wand. It's kind of like a Christmas tree shape and I found that it really "grabs" the lashes right from the very root. I'm not sure what the mascara is formulated to do e.g, curl, volumise etc, but it did a good job of coating each of the lashes. After 2 applications I could see a big difference in the volume of my lashes. They looked a lot thicker than before. I tried to take a photo to show you, but it wasn't showing up how I wanted it to.


I think this eye kit would be ideal as a gift for someone just starting out with makeup, or also for those who only like very subtle eyes. The colours are really pretty and there are a couple that have a fine glitter in them which makes them look great. The only thing missing from this kit is a bit of blush and some lippy.


Over all I like the kit and if I had to give it marks out of 10 I would probably give it about a 6. Everything from the kit works well together, it's just the pigmentation that lets the kit down.


If you buy it yourself let me know your thoughts on it too.






No comments:

Post a Comment