Sunday 21 March 2010

To Botox or not to Botox...? That is the question.

So, last year I decided I was going to get Botox before my wedding. I had looked into various places that offered it as a treatment, and once I was happy that I had found the right place I went and had it done.

I was expecting it to be SO painful. The thought of a needle going into your head, OUCH.... However I wanted to make sure I looked as "perfect" as I could for my wedding day. So, regardless of how much I thought it would hurt I still decided to take the plunge.
I was totally surprised with how quick the process is, and how there was NO PAIN. Maybe it was just the person that I saw or maybe the procedure just doesn't hurt. I had a cream put on my head where I was having the injections and it made the skin totally numb. The only weird thing I found is that you can't lie down for at least 6 hours after having it done. I was a little paranoid so I made sure I left it longer than 6 hours. Within an hour of having it done, I could see the fine lines just magically dissapearing. Wow, poof and they were gone.

I have spoken with friends about having Botox and it seems that I am the only one who would be and was willing to have it done. One of my friends has told me that she thinks I'm crazy to have had it done. She is convinced that there will be negative side effects in the long-run. Now, I certainly don't think that everyone should have it done. For those who are lucky enough to have amazing skin then good on them. However, it isn't something that I have.

I used to think that Botox was something that only vain people had done, but now I'm not so sure. Maybe for the many who have it done it is for them to show off how "perfect" they look. But for me, it was just to make myself look and feel better. Is there any harm in that?

So... Botox... what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment